Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Testing Materials

I've been asked to try out some new art materials for a company and evaluate them. It's been interesting comparing the new stuff with my usual tried and true brands I've used in the past.

Sometimes it takes awhile to get a feel for new materials, so I'm still sizing them up. This little sketch was done with just a few colors: white, black, grey, brown, and earth red. I'll tell you more about it in a month or so, but for now I'll just say that it's an honor to be recruited for such a task.

(left) "Inclination" 11"x8.5" Pastel on grey paper
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

4 comments:

Shirley Fachilla said...

She seems as fragile as a cobweb.
Your assignment sounds like a lot of fun.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Shirley! This model is quite delicate and does indeed look fragile.

suzanneberry said...

Wonderful! what materials are they?

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Suzanne, I'll be able to say more about them at a later date. At this point, the company is asking me for private input in developing the supplies. I can't really say much right now, except what I explained about using only the 5 color sticks for this drawing.

Stay tuned!