Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, August 12, 2013

OPA Show Continues Only a Couple More Weeks

I am finally home after being on the road several weeks for a workshop and painting trip. I'll be sharing about my trip on this blog, but still need to finish uploading photos. Meanwhile, I'd like to show this painting again, as the show venue is in the last two weeks.

"Awake, Sleeper"
Original oil, 10"x8"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD

This nude figurative painting of mine is being shown at the Oil Painters of America Salon Show. I feel very honored to have this piece juried in the exhibit, and to be in the company of some of the finest artists on this continent.

I had "Awake, Sleeper" beautifully framed in a custom presentation, as I wanted to show off the subtle highlights and contrasted darks in the shadows and background. 

This exhibit runs for only a couple more weeks at Crooked Tree Art Center until August 31. If you are near the location in Petoskey, Michigan, I hope you'll drop by in person to enjoy the selection of beautiful work by living artists not often seen together in one place.

4 comments:

pattrsnd said...

Beautiful light and shadows, Diana! Hope you're having a wonderful summer!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, David. I have had a very busy (and good) summer so far. I hope you have too!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on getting into such a prestigious show. The painting is beautiful.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Julie. Thank you so much for dropping by here!