Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Snowy Miniature Paintings

As I'm working on larger pieces, it is satisfying to be able to do the little daily paintings as warm-ups. It helps to maintain creative energy to be able to finish something, even a miniature piece, before diving in for painting sessions on the big ones.

These are some winter scenes I've done lately that have turned out well. It's very snowy in our part of the world right now. I thought I'd try to capture some of the passing glory while it lasts.


(left) "Gold Mirror"
Framed miniature oil painting 2.25"x3"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD
 

(left)
"Snowy Scene"
Unframed mini oil 2"x2.75" with display easel
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


(left)
"High Snow"
Unframed mini oil 2"x3" with display easel
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

4 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

BRRRRrrrrr! I LOVE winter...we didn't get any this year. Beautiful as always :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by to take a look, Vicki. I do love seeing the snow, but I'm envious of the early spring in your part of the world!

hmuxo said...

Love all three but love Gold Mirror..Beautifully painted!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

That one is probably my favorite, too, Hilda. I'm thinking of painting something similar, somewhat larger.

The minis are really handy for seeing what works and what doesn't. I've also done some "failed" minis lately that simply didn't work out!