Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

High Contrast Figure Drawings

These dark drawings are difficult to photograph and show off to advantage. I may try some different light and see if I can get better representative images. For now, you can get an idea of what they are like, but they really do look a lot better when you see the actual drawings which I did at our local Artists' Salon Open Studio.




6 comments:

farheen kanwal said...

hi Diana i m an artist as well i love your art

hmuxo said...

Your figure drawings are so beautifully done!!

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

My favorite here is S curve - they are all very nice!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for the kind comments, All.

Bill, I like that S curve too.

Jared Shear said...

I agree......the S curve is nice. One of these days I will make it over.

Good to see you the other weekend by the way. I'm glad you were able to make it down for the opening of the plein air show.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

It's a wonderful show, Jared. You know I love your work!

Do let me know if you are over this way on a Monday and want to join us for sketch group. You'd be welcome to borrow supplies too if you need them. Right now we are on break for a few weeks until driving weather is better for everyone, so it would be good to check in.