Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Charcoal Figure Studies: Gestures and Longer Poses

In our Open Studio sketch group with the model, we usually start with a bunch of 2 or 3 minute warm-up poses, then go to a few 5 or 10 minutes poses. The last studies are usually 20 minutes which is a long time to ask a model to stay in one position without a break.









2 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

For this group I most like the upper right hand drawing.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I like the simplicity of that one too. The quick poses demand quick marks so it comes down to the bare essentials for making a drawing that looks interesting.