Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Dance

I'm working on a portrait commission for a special collector. I always consider it a privelege to paint a custom piece for someone, but it is more difficult and time-consuming than my daily paintings.

It feels like quite a dance to keep up my energy. So I do take breaks when I'm working on larger projects. Recently on an evening break I watched a ballet documentary on Ballets Russe.

Although I always wanted to be an artist growing up, I had aspirations to be a ballerina, as do many young girls. I spent countless happy hours in the ballet studio. But as much as I loved dance, I was not born to be a performer.


I still love the ballet. What a delight to see my own teachers in this film. If you are a fan of dance, I recommend this documentary for an evening of delightful ballet history.

Giclees available
of the special piece at left if you love the ballet too, or know someone who does.

"Plein d'envie"
Oil
©1992 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

suzanneberry said...

absolutely stunning diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Suzanne.