Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pear Still Life Daily Painting

Original unframed painting 4x6"
Oil on hardboard
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

One chilly day last month my son and I picked a bunch of pears. I didn't want the bears to eat all of them, and even though the fruit wasn't nearly ripe yet, we were getting early cold weather.

Now those pears are ripe and we're enjoying them. A few turned partially red like this one... fun for a still life and almost too pretty to eat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a cheerful delight to this painting. It has a relaxing (reclining) pose that says to the viewer: take life more easily. Don't fret. Have a seat, let's rest a while together and enjoy each others company. Cheerful. It is just wonderfully cheerful! I needed to rest my eyes upon this happy little painting as I sit here all cozy in the living room in Ohio, while outside it is drizzly and damp.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for pointing this out, Donna. I'm happy to know this little painting brought those thoughts to your mind.

I've been working on a tedious sort of piece (another portrait from an existing reference) and it did feel like a restful diversion to look at the lovely pear in the bright light and paint those curves and colors.