Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

November Painting Challenge: View From the Studio

Our Challenge for November was chosen by group member Michael Naples. As you can see the Legos put themselves in the painting of the view from my window.

I hope you all aren't tired of seeing these little guys every month. We have a lot of fun with them at my house, seeing what they'll do to try to fit in.


My November Challenge painting (left)

"The View" 4x6"
Oil on hardboard
unframed
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin
The rest of my Challenge Group did some beautiful and thoughtful paintings, below. Month after month, it's so interesting to me to see how similar and diverse each painting turns out to be. I think this Challenge is perhaps the most varied for approach. What do you think?













(left above) "View from the Studio" 16x20" Oil on canvas
©2009 Suzanne Berry
(right above) "Studio View" 24x18” Oil on canvas ©2009 Marie Fox










(left above) "Green Belt" 8x8” Watercolor on paper ©2009 Robin Cheers
(middle above) "Studio View" 8x8.5” Oil on canvas ©2009 Silvina Day
(right above) "Electric Highway" 8x8” Oil on board ©2009 Michael Naples

(left)
"View from my Studio"
8x10”
Oil on panel
©2009 Vicki Ross

6 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Diana, your collection of toy men boggles my mind! (yeah, I know they are your son's)! Cute painting...you are the undisputed queen of L-men!

Don Gray said...

Your little "tourists" make a clever and charming painting, Diana. And what a great view from your window!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Vicki: it's been such a surprise to see how the little figures might work, month to month, with whatever the Challenge subject turns out to be. My son and I have a lot of fun discussing ideas and he helps by finding just right little guys in his stash to pose for me. It's kept us both off the streets for a number of afternoons.

Don: thank you for the kudos. That means a lot coming from you!

suzanneberry said...

i love the little guys and am seriously envious of your view. the mountains are just beautiful. i look forward to seeing where the guys go next. lovely piece!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Suzanne. I wish you were closer and you could come over to paint!

I'm very thankful the Lord gave us this beautiful place and for the lovely view out my window. I love seeing that in the morning, first thing.

I was born and raised in a big city and hated the traffic, noise, light pollution, and lack of privacy. But I know there are advantages to city living.

The times I miss it are when I want to shop, go to the ballet or get specialized medical care.

Anonymous said...

I think you win for biggest backyard!
I have to say it's just wonderful how you are building a memory with your son that he will cherish as he grows up. He will tell of the times he collaborated with his mom to create a "plastic figure" series.