Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, October 26, 2009

"Woman Kneeling, with Head Down" Nude Study

Original unframed charcoal and chalk drawing, 12"x18"
on blue/grey 100% cotton charcoal paper
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin
 

This drawing was sketched live from one of our Open Studio models. You can see more available figure studies at my DailyPainters Gallery.

2 comments:

Cyndy Carstens said...

This must have been an incredibly difficult pose to draw, but you handled it beautifully, Diana.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for all your nice input, Cyndy. This pose was quite interesting and perhaps a bit difficult because it's not one I usually see. It's all good practice, though.