Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Daily Paintings and Doin's

June wore me out. I hung or delivered work for 5 shows during this past month in our region. For months I was getting ready for my annual solo show at Naples Gallery. Nearly 100 new works were finished up, varnished, framed and hung for that show the first Friday of June. In addition to that one, I hung a small solo show at Monarch Mountain in Sandpoint and also at Ivano's for ArtWalk in Sandpoint. Plus I took pieces to the POAC Faces show in Sandpoint and the PaintOut show at Timber Stand. And I participated in the Plein Air PaintOut. And wrote an article.

After all that I needed a rest (at least mentally). I've been using the down time from painting to catch up on the yard and garden a little. Now I'm back in the swing for painting, I think. And I'm trying a few new ideas for loosening up for the dailies.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the looseness of this. It's got exciting vibration to it.
Bold but subtle color too.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hey thanks, Mary. I'm going to be trying more of the fast and loose stuff. I appreciate the feedback very much.