Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, December 17, 2007

"Little Lord Jesus" Christian Christmas Art

mmWishing all of you who visit this blog a wonderfully meaningful Christmas!
mmThis art is a drawing I did in 1976, as a fairly new Christian. At the time, I couldn't find anything with a thoughtful message for Christmas cards. Most of what I found was on the theme of Happy Christmas Tree. The Lord having changed my life, I wanted to share a more significant point.
mmSo, the Lord gave me this idea, which I had printed up as cards. I sent about 150 to family and friends. Later, I produced a line of Christian prints which I named Renaissance. Among them is this piece. You can see them at my website Inspirational
page.

"Little Lord Jesus" Inspirational/Christmas
Reproduced from the original pencil drawing
©1976 Diana Moses

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, this picture is so poignant and timeless.

I just visited the Missionary Arts site. Didn't know you had that. What a brilliant idea!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm only one of many artists on the Missionary Arts site. And yes it is a wonderful idea! Maybe you'd like to join?

Anonymous said...

It would be an honor! This means I'd have to come up with new material, right? Yikes!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Some of the member artists show originals and some show reproductions (like I do). So perhaps you already have some pieces that could be sold as repros? Email me sometime for info on some easy repros. It's so much simpler now with giclees readily available.

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

So moving!!! Wow! Hardly any words to say...and that's unusual for me.... Jeanne

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for saying so, Jeanne. I'm so happy to know that this humble little drawing is still touching lives. May the Lord be honored by our work and our lives as we follow Him.