Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day to All Dads!

"Homecoming"
Original oil painting 10"x8"

Detailed portrait/figurative piece of father and baby boy in blues, greens and warm skin tones.
©2007 Diana Moses Botkin

NOW SOLD

It's nice to be home after a hard day at the job for Dad. Cares of the work day melt away in the warmth of home and hearth. The child is happy to connect with his daddy and grabs onto the big guy's shirt like he's never going to let go.

This piece is one of my favorite paintings of father and son. I thought you might enjoy it for Father's Day. There are reproductions of this image (and others) at my LifeImages gallery. You may also contact me for similar commissions.

11 comments:

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Diana, this is just beautiful! A tender moment captured in this beautiful painting. Love the father's head turned away and the subtle shades of blue/aqua with white. Jeanne

Manuela Valenti said...

Diana, thank you for stopping by my blog and comment.
I've enjoyed viewing your fabulous works!
Manuela

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate your remarks, Fellow Artists. It means a lot coming from both of you.

I enjoyed painting this piece and trying to capture that sweet bonding of father and infant son.

Connie Chadwell said...

Emotionally and technically wonderful - a real beauty!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hi Connie, I'm pleased to hear this spoke to you! This is the kind of painting that I really love putting together. Even though these sorts of pieces don't happen every day, I'm glad for the inspiration and time to paint them.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful handling of everything!

Jane Hunt said...

This is beautifully done - I love the placement of the fathers head, unusual but it works so well!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Bill, thanks for the kudos!

Jane, I really liked that just cropped look at the dad's hairline that shows with the turn of his head... kind of sweet.

suzanneberry said...

stunning work diana! i've missed so much. this is just amazing and i love the painting below it. congratulations on well deserved sales!

and thank you too for your kind words on my blog, much appreciated!

enjoy the weekend.

hmuxo said...

Such a beautiful piece, Diana!! I just got back from vacation and slowly trying to catch up!!! You did an incredible job with the folds in the material...beautifully painted!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Suzanne and Hilda, thank you both for dropping by and leaving your encouragement for me.