Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Paintings by Three Artists

What a busy summer it's been! It's amazing how the time has flown by every day, working on chores and ideas. Even though I've had little finished work to display here at this blog, I'm pleased I've been able to get paintings ready for a show this summer.

It's a privilege to exhibit my work with two other outstanding artists, Dana Aldis and Aaron Cordell Johnson. The reception is this Friday evening from 4 to 7, at the Valley Art Center in the charming town of Clarkston, Washington, not far from Spokane. Show will hang through the month of August. Info and some pictures are on the facebook event page.

6 comments:

hmuxo said...

It's so nice to see you back Diana!! The Summer is almost over and it has been a busy one for me as well.!
I only wish I could go to your exhibit!! I know it will be a huge success! I look forward to seeing your beautiful work soon...

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda! I also wish you could be there.

Jane Hunt said...

Hope the show went well Diana! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Jane. Thanks so much. Wishing you a blessed Christmas and New Year!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Hi Diana - just wanted to touch base and hope all is okay. I have missed seeing your paintings.
Hope the New year will be a great one for you.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Ah Julie, thank you. It's been a different sort of life journey this past year. I'm painting after months of nothing...a piece about sorrow that is a departure from most of my previous work. I'm also back to a location with open studio opportunities and exercising drawing skills. Nothing yet to show publicly. Wishing you and yours the Lord's best blessings for 2017!