Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, May 23, 2016

A Page From an Old Sketchbook

(right) "Kitty"
pencil on paper, 10.5"x8"
©1971 Diana Moses Botkin

I've been remembering a dear friend who passed away a few days ago. I'm so thankful for the gift of her kindness and friendship and support of my work through the years and am especially grateful to have been back in the touch the last few years through the modern miracle of technology. Who would've thought, decades ago, that there would be such conveniences for communication as the internet and facebook?

Although I didn't posses a camera when I lived in Kitty's house, I do have this drawing from one of my old sketchbooks from that time of my life. This is Kitty, decked out for a social gathering, stalwart and sturdy. Every time I make bread or pie crust or cornbread or pour honey from a jar or visit a fabric store, I think of her with fond remembrance and gratefulness. I'm so glad I'll see her again in the sweet by and by.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I am sorry for your loss, Diana but happy to know that you reconnected with your friend and spent valuable time together through the wonders of technology. So glad you have this sketch of her.

hmuxo said...

I'm SO sorry for your loss Diana! It's always so difficult losing a friend but like you said technology is amazing these days and its so fortunate that we can communicate through the computer and always stay close!! This is a beautiful sketch of Kitty!!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

It is so hard to lose a much-loved friend. My true sympathy, Diana.
Your lovely sketch is a priceless keepsake

Dave Rossi said...

Memories are wonderful gift from the Creator