Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, March 21, 2016

Winter Figure Studies

It was good to be in places this winter where I could get drawing time at live model sessions. Here are a few sketches from Geatches in Oklahoma City.

(left)
"Reclining Highlights"
Charcoal and chalk on grey paper 12"x17" ©2016 Diana Moses Botkin

I have more new drawings which I'll post soon. There are paintings started too, and one or two studies fit to show, as is.

(left)
"At Ease"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 11"x17" ©2016 Diana Moses Botkin


Please check back here at this blog in the coming days to see more of what I've been doing lately. 
 
(left) "Unruffled"
Charcoal and chalk on cotton paper 15"x11" 
©2016 Diana Moses Botkin

4 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Good to see your wonderful work again.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Julie! How nice to hear from you.

hmuxo said...

I have missed your work Diana!!! These are all amazing....as always you never disappoint us! You have inspired me to join a live model class...you were so right...it's so different from using reference photos. Of course I wouldn't post them......At least not right now..lol
I look forward to seeing your next painting.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm so glad you shared that, Hilda. Thanks so much for dropping by and giving your kind encouragement and words of affirmation. Happy painting!