Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Another One Done

"Toothbrush Break"
Original Oil, 7.5" x 13"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

This painting has gone through a couple of transformations to progress to something that looks finished and with which I'm also happy.

It has evolved into this simple study of the model during her break from poses. I liked her unusual uninhibited position while she stretched out her foot and simultaneously brushed her teeth as she relaxed.

7 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

What a great pose without it being a pose. You caught an interesting composition. Great work.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hey thanks, Ruth! I appreciate that.

Chris Lally said...

What a beautiful painting!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for dropping by here to comment, Chris. It gave me the opportunity to go to your own blog to see who you are. I'm glad I did! Keep up the good work.

mary maxam said...

Now who else could help us see this ungainly pose and graceful! Beautifully done Diana

mary maxam said...

Now who else could help us see this ungainly pose as graceful! Beautifully done Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You gave me a chuckle, Mary, with your observation. Thank you!