Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, June 15, 2015

One of the Ones I Finished

(left)
"View From the Vineyard"
Oil, 4"x8"
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin 

I mentioned recently that I was working on a commission and finishing up a few other paintings.

Here's one that I brought to completion while waiting for passages on the large commissioned piece to dry.

This little plein air oil was sketched in on location and then I set it aside, hoping to do more to it later. It's nice to be able to add a few more finishing touches to it. I wanted to add just enough texture and detail to make it look more finished without ruining the original mood of the piece.

No comments: