Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Day Three of the 3-in-5 Challenge

(left) "Sunlight and Snowmelt"
Original pastel on Canson, approx. 24"x18"
©1989 Diana Moses Botkin

Here is another group of my paintings from awhile back for the 3-in-5 Challenge. The idea of the exercise is to post  early work and then some recent work, so I'll post a few more older pieces today that you might enjoy seeing.

This painting at left of my hand and foot in the stream is illustrative of Isaiah 55:10, 11. The painting was featured at the 1993 Sacred Arts Exhibit at the Billy Graham Center Museum.

(left) "Eirenikos"
Original oil on linen, 24"x30"
©1989 Diana Moses Botkin

The title of this painting is Greek for "peaceable", which is the mood of this restful piece. "Eirenikos" took top honors at the 42nd Annual Mid-States Exhibition, held at Evansville Museum of Arts and Science and was purchased by the museum.


(left) "'til He Appeared"
Original oil on linen, 20"x22"
©1994 Diana Moses Botkin

This painting took top honors at the 1994 National Christian Fine Arts Exhibit in Farmington, New Mexico and was purchased by the sponsor, Farmington United Methodist Church. (Reproductions of this painting can be found at LifeImages Gallery.)

I'm always pleased when my work finds a permanent home with collectors, to be enjoyed, and these pieces in public collections make me especially happy. 

2 comments:

mary maxam said...

These are all just gorgeous! aside from the sheer technical ability they really speak to the great ideas in your work.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Mary, thank you. I appreciate that very much. Wishing you and yours blessings in 2015!