Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day Five for the 3-in-5 Challenge

What to show you for the last day of these postings? Most of my recent work can be seen in my posts for past few years, so I thought I'd share at least a couple I've not previously shown.

The portrait below was a commission for friends and one of my favorites I've done. These special people, artist husband and ballet teacher wife, were a pleasure to paint. It is especially meaningful to me when fellow artists collect my work.

(below left) "Miller-Youst Family" Original oil on canvas 20"x16"
 ©1991 Diana Moses Botkin



(above, right) "Marsh Glow"
Oil on primed watercolor paper, 4"x8"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin 

(at left) "Morning Sails"
Oil on hardboard 8"x10"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

"Marsh Glow" was a piece painted for inclusion in a special book for Friends of Scotchman Peaks Wilderness.

The Peaks organization holds a plein air event each year and I've participated since the beginning, to capture the area in memorable (and sometimes, award-winning) images.

The flats I portrayed in this painting is one of my favorite plein air spots. Working on the heavy primed watercolor paper was good, too, and I've thought I should do some more with the medium. One of these days.

"Morning Sails" is one of a handful of successful plein air paintings I did while participating in the Pacific Northwest Plein Air Paint Out in Hood River. This one won "Best River" award that year and sold to a collector in the area.

2 comments:

Gloria E. Moses said...

Really beautiful group of work!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Gloria. It's really nice to hear from you!