Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Fall Fashion", a Fetching Feline

It always feels good to have a special painting finished. I've been working on this commissioned piece awhile and it is ready to be shipped to my collector now. I'm celebrating a little!

This soft orange tabby cat in the leaves looked like he was attempting some autumn camouflage. I originally had more leaves in this painting, but wound up taking out a lot of them because there was not much compositional interest.

"Fall Fashion" Original oil 9"x12"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

Please contact me if you'd like to commission a special painting. Cats, people and places are favorite subjects.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

This orange tabby is painted perfectly, Diana. SO realistic...

VickiRossArt said...

great painting! love the way the light goes across his form.