Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

"Slice of Bright" Panoramic Landscape Painting

I'm enjoying using a wide or tall format for some recent works, including this new piece. The panorama made for a dramatic statement about that glow at the horizon contrasted with the dark storm clouds and shadowed landscape.
Original oil 4"x12", framed
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

The light is incredible in the background...A beautiful landscape, Diana!!! I love this!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Hilda. This one went through several stages before it finally looked right to me.

cabinart said...

Aren't these a neat shape? 8-)

I recently discovered some 6x18 canvases. They are perfect in vertical mode for giant Sequoia trees. Horizontally they were great for a poppy field. Now I am doing a triptych in the horizontal position.

And, I didn't see them on Dick Blick when I ordered last week. Guess that's why they were on sale. . .

Diana Moses Botkin said...

The long or tall shape is more captivating in person than online, which doesn't always show the piece to the best advantage because of the limits of the format.

Thanks for dropping by Jana. It's nice to hear from you!