Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Two Recent Plein Air Paintings

Last week I did several pieces on location in the Palouse, even though the weather was somewhat grey. 

The challenge to make an interesting painting in various conditions is a good opportunity to learn something.

Not all the paintings I did are worth showing, or trying to save, but I tweaked these two small pieces a bit. A little more color and contrasts helped them work better.

(above) "Dawn Stirs" Oil 4"x6" unframed ©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD


(left) "Morning Blues"
Oil 5"x7" unframed

©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

Karla said...

Both are beautiful Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for dropping by, Karla.