Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Hands on Head" selected for Figure/Portrait book

"Hands on Head"
Original oil on canvas
10"x8"
unframed©2010 Diana Moses Botkin 

I'm honored to announce that this painting was selected for inclusion in the upcoming full-color collectible book, Richeson 75 International Figure/Portrait 2011.

A portion of the entries for Richeson's Figure/Portrait competition will be showcased in this catalog and I'm very happy that my work will appear in such talented company.

8 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Congratulations Diana. She's very nice!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Susan. Thank you for dropping by.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

your figure work is beautiful, Diana.
Congrats on this wonderful news.

Sharlette White said...

Aren't you just beside yourself? This is very nice. So realistic. Am I seeing things or miss something, is that you?

shirley fachilla said...

Congratulations, Diana.
She'll be a lovely addition. Your composition and skintones are so nice.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Cathyann: thank you for the compliment. If you go to the website you can see the paintings in the competition. Not everything in the book is in the exhibit.

Mary: thank you for sharing my good news and being excited with me!

Sharlette: my model is not me, but thank you for the nice compliment!

Shirley: thank you for the nice comments. Blogging is so great to get quick feedback on work.

Don Gray said...

It's a lovely piece, Diana. Congratulations!

suzanneberry said...

congratulations! this is such a beautiful painting, i love the pose and it's so well done, as always. your figurative work is so inspiring.