Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, November 18, 2011

"Festival Dance" Headed to Holly Eve Gala Event

(left) "Festival Dance"
Original oil on hardboard, 10"x8"

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


 
SOLD
 
Last spring I began a series of studies to plan my large painting for The Festival at Sandpoint. I wound up doing a number of oil sketches in preparation for the poster art.

It was quite a responsibility to paint something that represented the important summer event. I wanted Festival goers to connect with the art and from everything I heard, they did. It's always nice to feel like a job is done well and received well. My original 20"x16" oil painting for the poster art was auctioned to benefit The Festival. Final bid was $4800.

This is one of the sketches, and one of my favorites.

4 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Yes the energy! It's what grabbed me. Wonderful composition and your sky is a wow.

maddyrose said...

What a lovely painting. I love the colors in the sky and the energy you captured in this piece.

SUSAN RODEN said...

This is so fun and energetic Diane! Love the visual movement.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan Roux: Thank you for the kudos. That means a lot coming from you.

maddyrose: I really appreciate you taking time to drop by and leave your encouraging comments.

Susan Roden: Thank you! Happy painting!