Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Saving Figure Drawings

There are drawings I keep and drawings I don't keep. Not all are worth the time to spray, photograph, inventory and the archival space to store them.

But the ones that capture a pleasing movement, or something of the sitter's personality and beauty are judged keepers.


One model might provide more interesting poses or form than another. I might wind up with only a few pleasing sketches in a session with an uninspiring sitter. Some drawings have a simple charm in only a few lines and shadows, while others that I've spent more time on might be boring or just "off" enough to merit the fire.
Here are a few more of the ones I've saved from recent sessions at Open Studio.

No comments: