Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Little Abstract Daily Paintings

It's nice to have the photographing and inventorying of drawings from last year caught up. Now I'm back to daily painting. But first I had to prepare panels, as my supply of various sizes was dwindling.

The prep work takes more time than you might think. Many of the sizes I use are not easily available for purchase, especially the miniature panels. So I buy larger sizes and cut them down on the saws in the garage. It's really cold out there this time of year!

After the panels are sanded, I add more primer front and back. Sanding between coats keeps the surfaces smooth, although I don't mind a little bit of texture. But very much texture, is hard to work with for miniatures.

I have several paintings in the works that you won't see for awhile, but here are a few fun miniature abstracts. They're my little "sandbox" pieces because they are just for amusement and don't have to be anything reconizable or make a serious statement.

No comments: