Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pictures from my Exhibit at Leslie Powell Gallery

Although I wasn't able to be at my show at Leslie Powell Gallery which opened on May 9, the gallery director sent me photos.

There were a number of sales and a good turnout for the Opening. It's always fun seeing people discovering my work and I thought perhaps others might enjoy a few pictures too.

The exhibit hangs until June 26.

If you're near Lawton, Oklahoma and would like to see the paintings live, I'll hope you'll drop in. Please introduce yourself to gallery director Nancy Anderson and tell her I sent you!

I'm working on some new paintings for upcoming exhibits these days.
Although the larger pieces won't be ready for you to see for awhile, I plan to post at least a few new little 'uns soon!

4 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Wonderful photos! Not as good as being there, but I'm sure you were in spirit!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Yes indeed! Thanks for dropping by.

Candy Barr said...

Cool looking show Diana. How's your ankle healing? I guess that's why you were not able to be there? And how was the March 7 Yellowstone Art Museum auction and quick-draw? You had two pieces accepted & how was turn out? Hope you're dancing on your mended ankle!The paintings are looking good!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for asking, Candy. The ankle is coming along. I'll be glad to get rid of the crutches one of these weeks soon. So I'm not dancing just yet, but give me a month or so!

And yes, that is why I wasn't at the show in Oklahoma. My plans to drive down changed when I broke my ankle.

The Yellowstone auction and quick-draw was a lot of fun and well-attended. I heard from other artists that bids were down from previous years, but the art sold at or above reserve prices. The food was wonderful too. It's always nice NOT to be a starving artist.

Thanks for dropping by and for your kudos on my paintings!