Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Peek at my Exhibit at Leslie Powell Gallery

Tonight is the Opening of my show in Lawton, Oklahoma. Twenty-seven of my colorful landscape oil paintings will be shown in "The Joy of Light; Color in the Landscape".

Sizes range from miniature to larger 11"x14", all framed in silver or gold frames. You can read more about the show at my blog post recently.

I was hoping to be at the Opening to connect with friends, past collectors and meet new people. When I broke my ankle recently, my plans changed.

Nancy Anderson, gallery director, did the next best thing and sent me some photos of how the show looks hung in the spacious gallery. These are three of the dozen pictures she emailed me this morning.



5 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

WOW! Enlightening how much impact 'small' can have. The walls look grand!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Yes, sometimes less is more, as they say. I wish I had this kind of wall space! My walls are literally covered with art.

Good news is that the Opening went well with good attendance and several pieces have sold already.

Caio Fern said...

your work is just perfect , i loved everything on it.i hope you never stop .
i intend to visit your blog more times....and learn about pictoric elegance .
if one day you visit my blog ,i whish youenjoy as i did visiting yours.

Dar Presto said...

I'm glad the opening went well.
I hope you are up on two healthy feet soon. Take care.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Dar! Two more weeks and I can start bearing weight on my healing ankle. I'm looking forward to it!