Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Spring Miracle" Maple Seed Still Life Daily Painting

Original miniature oil, painted from life, 2.25"x3.25".
Framed in decorative gold frame.
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

Every year in the fall, our maple trees produce about a zillion of these little helicopters. They fly all over our property and would turn our lawn and gardens into a forest if they were left alone. This time of year the snow is melting and I try to get these out of my gardens before they take over.

My husband calls these hearty survivors "little miracles". It IS pretty amazing to find them literally everywhere.. tucked in cracks and piled in corners with dead leaves... damp from the melting snow and already sending out shoots.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like your correlation to the spirituality of these. Isn't it cool when they 'helicopter' down like they do?

Diana Moses Botkin said...

They really are an amazing design. I think many of us appreciated that aspect even as kids.