Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Hey, Sugar!" Daily Painting

Original unframed small oil painting, 5"x 3.5", framed. Vintage bottle with sugar, against dark marble background.
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD

Here's a sweet little painting for you. (Sorry... I couldn't resist!)

This was fun, painting
glass again. Portraying this object with straight lines, felt very different than doing yesterday's study. I also used fewer colours in today's piece.

I've had this old bottle for years and always enjoy looking at it. I think it might have originally held little pickled hot peppers in its first life. The top is bakelite, so it's pretty old. We keep sugar in it now, for the occasional need to sweeten a cup of tea.

No comments: