Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Now on YouTube; How to Draw with Charcoal

Well, I finally made an art video for YouTube. It's a short sampler of what I teach students at one of my basic drawing workshops.

I used vine or willow charcoal (an easy to use, forgiving medium) and white chalk on grey paper. Introducing this technique to students is always fun for me; those who've never tried it are amazed how easy it is.

I wanted to learn how to create some instructional videos, so tried out the basics on this one. I already see corrections that need to be made!

You can watch "Drawing with Charcoal & White Chalk" at MY PAGE on YouTube.

©2008 Diana Moses Botkin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched and listened to your video and found it very hard to hear what you were saying.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Sorry you had trouble hearing it. It seems fine on my own computer, but perhaps sound adjustment on your computer is not enough. Did you try turning up your volume?

I'd actually like to re-do the sound as a voice-over but need to get a working mic first. The one we have has been played with by the teenagers in the house and is not working!