Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Rejection and Acceptance

Earlier today I found out the results of a competition I had entered, and learned that my work had been rejected. That's a hard word rejected, and it's a hard road, and a hard rain.

My work has been rejected from more shows than I care to remember. It's part of an artist's life for those of us who try for exposure and awards.

It's tempting to give up sometimes, but one must learn to accept the failures in stride and work harder and better. There are also many successes for which I count my blessings.

(left) "Morning Shadows"
Oil on Raymar panel, 8"x10"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin 

Later today I opened my mail and learned that this piece is accepted to a museum show. I'm pleased to announce that this painting is to be part of the 18th Annual Art Auction at Paris Gibson Square Museum of Art. The show opens Thursday, March 19th in Great Falls, Montana.

Saturday, April 11, 2015 is the Gala, with a live auction, music, and food. That sounds like a lot more fun than a pity party for not getting in the other show.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations, Diana! Its a beautiful painting and deserves to be exhibited. Good luck with the show!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Susan, thank you for your kind encouragement. That means a lot to me.

hmuxo said...

This is beautifully painted, Diana! Congratulations on exhibiting it... I was accepted as an Associate member of the pastel society...Now I'm trying to get my signature membership.
My first paintings were rejected but I don't want to give up...you are such an inspiration!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda. Continue working from life, going to workshops with good teachers and keep your optimism. You'll get there!