Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Two More Orphan Drawings

(top left)
"Deep Slumber”
Original drawing, approx. 10"x18"
Charcoal and chalk on grey paper 
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

I mentioned in a previous post about uncovering previously undocumented and unphotographed work while straightening and filing in my studio space.
 
Although there were some pieces which were not worth saving, here are a couple which I didn't relegate to the wood stove. To purchase, simply contact me.

(lower left)
“Deep in Thought” 
Original drawing, approx. 16"x11"
Charcoal and chalk on grey cotton paper 
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

4 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Lovely...I can feel the relaxed pose - it appears so natural.Not easy to do.

hmuxo said...

Two beautiful pieces Diana. Deep slumber is absolutely amazing,!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Julie, and Hilda, for dropping by with your encouraging comments.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Very beautiful. Funny how that old work we re-discover brings us right back to the moment it was made... What to save, what to burn, very difficult!! These are keepers.