Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Charcoal Drawings

Since the return from my winter art trip I've had more catching up to do than I care to mention. But I've checked stuff off my to-do list. That, at least, feels like some things have been accomplished. Doing taxes, major cleaning, and weeding are certainly not what I like doing, but I'm glad to get them done. I'm enjoying having them done (at least for a little while).

During some recent organizing of my limited studio space I discovered a small pile of drawings I'd set aside before my journey. The sketches had not been photographed or put in my inventory list. At the time I had lots to do to get ready for my extended trip.

I had also been asked to do more evaluations of art materials for a well-known company. These first two sketches shown here, I did to assess sets of charcoal sticks and the last one I did using a line of charcoal pencils they plan to market.

Please contact me if you would like more information about these studies, or my other work.

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

These charcoal sketches are breathtaking Diana! Congratulations on this wonderful work!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Hilda! I'm happy to finally be able to show them here at my blog.