Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Art for Gifts: Commissions and Arrangements

Yesterday, a collector drove to my place to look at my work. She wanted to see paintings in person after having viewed them online. Looking for art for her home, she wanted to see a variety of sizes, prices and subject matter. She loves art, especially figurative work.

It was fun to got a feel for what she likes, and we were able to make some plans to start at least one commission for her after Christmas. I already am committed for projects until then, as I'm working on two portraits that collectors are going to give as special gifts.

What kind of art would you like to have in your home, or give as a gift?

Today I was thinking what a lovely surprise an art arrangement would be. Several small paintings hung together give a lot to look at and enjoy on a wall. Here's one for the kitchen space or a dining room.

It might be a challenge to figure out which pieces from, say, my DailyPainters gallery might look good together. So I thought I'd put a few framed paintings in arrangements to show how some of them could be hung.

These three little oils at left are each 4"x6" and framed identically in the gold finish museum style presentation.

I think they would be splendid in an Italian style villa or, really, with any traditional decor, whether formal or more eclectic.

Please contact me for purchase information.

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I like the simpleness and oneness of these!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I appreciate that, Sue. Thanks for dropping by.

mary maxam said...

I like the whole idea of similar and different hanging together. Beautiful painting and framing!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Mary. Wishing you Christmas blessings!