Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Good Gifts

"Dancing in the Spotlight"
Oil 12"x24"
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin

My painting at left pretty much illustrates my current mood.

I received news on Christmas eve that I've been selected to receive Oil Painters of America's Shirl Smithson Scholarship to attend an art workshop. This was truly a delightful surprise and a wonderful Christmas gift!

I'm excited and thankful. I'll keep you posted on my workshop plans, as I've mailed my deposit to enroll but haven't yet heard back whether I'm in. I'm hoping this particular workshop has not filled up already!

Thank you to all who visit this blog, comment on my paintings and drawings, and encourage me in my struggles to create something beautiful, day after day. It is good to share my art with you here online and get your feedback. And I love visiting your blog pages to see what latest inspiring work you've done!

All my chicks were gathered under my wings for Christmas: a sweet gift and better than any wrapped present. It was fun, though, making or finding some special things for each other and opening the gifts to see the surprises we had prepared for each other.

I hope your Christmas was filled with rich moments, good remembrances of family and friends, and the One whose birth we celebrate as the Greatest Gift of all.

Wishing you each blessings in this coming New Year!

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

This is the perfect painting for the occasion. I'm very excited for you. I'm sure you'll find out soon that you're IN.! Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family, Diana. It's been a wonderful year and now lets look forward to painting in 2013!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh yes, Hilda, we can indeed look forward to what develops with painting in 2013! Wishing you blessings.

pattrsnd said...

Congrats on the scholarship and wonderful painting, Diana!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

David, thank you! I appreciate your kind and encouraging remarks always.