Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Shipping Article Finished

My article on how to pack and ship art is now with my editor, along with photos. The piece gives details on sending drawings and paintings using several methods. It also compares shipping companies and lists suppliers for packing materials.

My previous article on the subject dealt primarily with framed art. (I won a writing award for that one, which was a first for me.) This new piece expands that information and includes instructions on packing unframed works on paper, or unstretched paintings on canvas, rolled in tubes for mailing.

Look for it in the September issue of Professional Artist Magazine.


This technical article was not an easy write. Even gathering information was tricky, especially for shipper specifications. One important bit of insurance info that was not revealed anywhere, I had to find out the hard way myself, first-hand, when an overseas package was lost last year.

2 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

I know that will be a *goldmine* of great information, can't wait to read it--

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for your confidence, Diane! I'd love to hear how you like the piece when it is published.