Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Explosion" Abstract Daily Painting

Acrylic on hardboard, 12"x12"
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin


On my desk are a handful of tiny abstracts. They are ideas I've jotted down for larger paintings. But something happens whenever I try to develop one of those little ideas. The big piece seems to have a mind of its own and doesn't turn out to look like the little idea at all.

This is one such piece. It seems fitting that I would finish it on September eleventh.

1 comment:

Cyndy Carstens said...

Wow! This piece has majestic insight. Very powerful - it brings tears to my eyes.