Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, August 14, 2009

"Ripe Tomato" ACEO Tiny Still Life Daily Painting

Original oil on canvas, 2.5"x3.5"
sent in protective ACEO sleeve
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

Purchase here.

My small kitchen garden out my door is finally producing some ripe tomatoes. For those of you who live down south this probably seems ridiculous. It does to me too because I remember ripe tomatoes by the Fourth of July in the MidWest. But, believe me, I'm happy to get these now. Fresh salsa, anyone?

6 comments:

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Very subtle handling of the skin. Nice painting, Diana.

suzanneberry said...

Excellent tomato and feeling! I love the look of your work, just beautiful!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks! It is nice to hear from you both.

Bill: Your comment about the skin made me stop and think for a second. I didn't remember painting any skin lately.

Suzanne: Thank you for dropping by. I appreciate the kudos. They mean a lot, especially coming from you.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

a sight to behold, we are barely getting our tomatoes here in the Boston area. Not enough sun.
Nice little tow-mater portrait.

Unknown said...

Looks delicious! The squirrels ate my first few tomatoes this season! :-( Beautiful painting!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for dropping by Mary and Norma. Hope your tomatoes are productive soon!