Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oil Figure Studies Daily Paintings

I'm finishing up an article this week for Art Calendar magazine's December issue. It's about scams and how to avoid them.

I hope you'll watch for the piece in a couple of months when it's available on newsstands.

So, while I'm busy slamming words together, please enjoy some more figure studies from our live model at Open Studio. These are in oil.

(left above)"Lauren Reclining on Elbow"
Oil sketch on canvas, 9"x12"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin


(left)"Reclining with Hand Shadow"
Oil sketch on canvas, 9"x12"
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin





 

Please contact me to purchase any of these, or for more information.

4 comments:

suzanneberry said...

Diana, your figure studies are just beautiful! your blocking of shapes is so strong. I love them all, but Reclining on blue paper is my favorite! And Unmade Bed is masterfully done! I'll be looking for your article, there are so many scams out there. It'll be great to have all the info in one article.

Thank you so much for your comment on Today' Concept. Isn't it funny? I was so frustrated I just tore the page out, bawled it up and threw it on the window seat where the cushion was missing! I'm so thrilled you like it and that it made you smile. best, suzanne
take care, suzanne

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

The elbow painting is very nice. I want to be there with you painting.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Suzanne: I doubt that ALL the scam info will be there in my article... but I did try to cover the basics. I'd love to hear how you like it later.

Yes your painting of the crumpled paper is actually very fun, even though you were so frustrated with it. Maybe that's the way it is sometimes with our work.

I'm happy to know you're enjoying my art too!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Bill: the group you paint with seems to keep you supplied with some good models. Besides, it's a long commute to paint up here at our Artists' Salon!