Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Crumpled Gold Paper" Daily Painting

Original oil painting, 5"x5" unframed. $99.
Crumpled gold tissue paper still life.

©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

Contact to purchase.

I think I've taken the gold paper idea far enough for now. It's been an interesting and unusual subject for a still life... and challenging too.

6 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

had trouble finding the comment link...it was such a light blue it disappeared! I really enjoyed the paper series...just think how well you can paint drapes, cloths, etc. in the future. can't wait to see what is next!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure what's up with that comment link, Vicki. I'll try to get some time to look into it.

Yes I was thinking when I was painting the gold paper that painting draped fabric is sure a lot easier. The direction in the drapes makes so much more sense.

The crumpled paper, on the other hand, is so random. I think maybe the exercise/challenge I presented to myself will help with other random shapes, like clouds for instance. A form is there if one looks for it.

Jelaine Faunce said...

This looks exactly like my living room floor on a Christmas morning! LOL Good job, Diana. Crumpled paper is a strong challenge!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Yes, a strong challenge; it pretty much strong-armed me to the floor too. Now I'm all out of gold tissue paper... and where to get some after Christmas?

Mary Bullock said...

Diana - love the gold paper series. But I have a question - in the picture of you sitting in a car - is that a Studebaker?
Mary
The Figurative Realm of Mary Bullock

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Mary.

And yes, that's a Studebaker... good eye, Sherlock. Are you a fan?

When are you going to get a blog? :~)