Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Challenge: Rodent

(left) “Of Mice and Lego Men"
Oil on hardboard 2.75"x6.5"

I chose this month's somewhat humorous Challenge and had a lot of fun trying to come up with exactly the right plan for another Lego parody.

If you've been following this Challenge, you no doubt have noticed that those little toy figures have been a regular feature through the months. As I was turning over ideas in my head, it seemed fitting for a brave knight to be battling a rodent of unusual size! 

Why a rodent for this Challenge? I'll tell you tomorrow exactly why I wanted to paint a mouse!

Having fun with our Challenge is one of most important goals of our little group. And we have a new member joining us as a guest! I'm very pleased to announce that Julie Oliver is committing to a couple of months for this project.

I've enjoyed seeing Julie's work at her blog and am excited that she has agreed to try a little bit of craziness with us for awhile.

Please enjoy her painting here, along with the work of long-time members Vicki and Suzanne.

(above)
"Mr Beaver at Home"
6"x8" Oil on RayMar canvas board
©2013 Julie Ford Oliver 


(middle painting, at left)
"Really?"
12"x16" Oil on linen
©2013 Suzanne Berry



(bottom painting, at left)
"Pink Squirrel"
16"x12" pastel
©2013 Vicki Ross

8 comments:

VickiRossArt said...

Payback for "Ides of March"? You might win by a 'nose'.

Cute painting!

Shirley Fachilla said...

It's apparent, everyone had fun with this challenge.
I especially love the bravery of your Lego guy. That little mouse would have me running far, far away, and I'm a lot bigger than your Lego warrior. Of course, your rodent does look like a kindly sort!

suzanneberry said...

i love the mice and man diane! perfect and adorable. great choice this month, thanks!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Haha Vicki! "Like"!

Shirley, that little mouse WAS pretty cute. Thanks so much for dropping by to check out our Challenge paintings this month. We did have fun, which is really the most important aspect of the monthly puzzler.

Suzanne, thank you. I'm happy everyone enjoyed the subject choice for this one.

Gloria E. Moses said...

This is such a wonderful concept, every one really told a story.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Gloria. I think there may be some more stories to create along these lines. Mice are featured in a number of well-loved tales!

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Hi Diana, I love the story this one tells and fun too. Your art is such a pleasure to see - no matter what you paint

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Julie, your comment has made my day. Thank you for your very positive words for my work. They spur me on!