Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Our December Challenge: Christmas Dress!


"Decked Out"
Original oil on hardboard
unframed, 7"x5"
©2013 Diana Moses Botkin

I picked our Challenge subject this month. At the time I named this one, I had some specific ideas in my brain to paint.

However, with my busy schedule I was unable to pose a model for the concept I originally wanted to create. (Sigh... please insert melancholy music here.) 

So, I used an existing photo I had, and added Christmas decorations to this little girl's attire. I did have fun with it, even though I was pressed for time. Those other ideas will just have to wait.

And yes, we are late this month! Here are the other gals' paintings, which I dearly love. Thank you, Vicki and Suzanne, for painting this month with all you have to do! We did it! 


(left below) "Dressing Up" Mixed media, 20"x16” ©2013 Suzanne Berry  
(right, below) “Sarah” Oil on linen, 20"x16” ©2013 V.N.Ross
 

5 comments:

suzanneberry said...

i love your painting this month Diana, so adorable! and her expression is wonderful! i wish you and yours a joyous Christmas! and i am so thrilled to be a part of this group, so thank YOU!

VickiRossArt said...

Don't you know she loves how soft her dress is? What a cutie! Great job...and thanks for the support on Hatchfund!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I'm so glad you are still doing this with me, Suzanne! Thank you, and also for your kind critique of my little rush oil sketch.

Vicki, you are most welcome for the support. And thank you for your remarks and continued participation in the Challenge, especially this month!

Vicki, I hope lots of folks go to your project site. Here is the link for anyone who wants to check it out. http://www.hatchfund.org/project/over_and_over_again_repetition_with_variations

And People, Vicki's Hatchfund project ends on her daughter's birthday, February 18. If the funding hits max, she will set a portion aside toward a scholarship in her daughter's name.

You can check out Vicki's blog to read more about it, too!

hmuxo said...

Beautiful work diana..love it!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you for your faithful encouragement, Hilda!