Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Big Skies in Small Formats

Spring has arrived in our area of Idaho, with flowers starting to bloom, and spring storms.

Here are a couple of new little oil studies showing my favorite sky colors with contrasted snowy landscape effects.


Mother's Day will be here soon, so please let me pay your shipping to help honor Mom.

(top) "Pink Feathers Above"
Unframed miniature oil painting with free mini display easel
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


(left) “Spring Storm Colors”
Original oil painting, 4"x6"
Unframed
©2012 Diana Moses Botkin


SOLD

5 comments:

Susan Roux said...

You're such a sweet person. All your sky/cloud paintings are lovely. What a beautiful theme. Happy Spring!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Susan. I hope we get to meet in person one of these days. Happy painting!

Diane Hoeptner said...

Pink Feathers above has such a wonderful mix of blues and deep cool greens, I love it! But where are the feathers? (:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you, Diane. The "feathers" are the pink wispy clouds.

Now I'm wondering if they look as feathery to others as I thought they did!

hmuxo said...

I love these two little sky studies, Diana. So beautifully painted, as always. I was away and missed your previous paintings which are amazing! Love the powerful skies!!!