Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Light Nap" sleeping baby/children portrait

Original oil
11"x14" unframed

©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


I've been working on some slightly larger pieces that have taken me a lot longer than a day to paint. This is one I started some time ago and recently finished.

It is for sale at this link. Or contact me for information if you would like to order an original painting of your own sweet babies.

7 comments:

SUSAN RODEN said...

Precious!

hmuxo said...

OMGosh, Diana. This one is absolutely beautiful. I love it. It takes me back many years when I had my two daughters. The folds in the blanket is perfectly painted!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thank you both. I enjoyed painting this one a lot and reliving moments of watching my little ones sleep peacefully.

I think I will try to rephotograph this piece and see if I can get the colors represented more accurately.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wonderful, very sensitively painted!!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Diane, thank you so much.

Ruth Andre said...

This is such a sweet painting of these two napping children. You caught a special moment with this painting.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Ruth.

This piece reminds me of a quote by Joe Houldsworth, "The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child."