Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, August 15, 2011

August Challenge: Something On or In Our Cars

Sharman named our Challenge and even though I've painted my car before, it was different to think about something "in" or "on" my vintage Hawk as a subject. 

The fins seemed an obvious choice, although I did consider some other ideas. Maybe I'll paint them later. 


Studebaker's award-winning designer, Raymond Loewy, created for clients ranging from Zippo lighters and Coca-Cola to Pennsylvania Railroad and the US space program. 

Loewy's influence on industrial design is seen practically everywhere you look in modern civilization. I'm a loyal fan of his work, which spans seven decades. 

(above left) "Rocket Girl" 5"x5"
Original oil on hardboard
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin

This monthly challenge with my fellow blog artist friends was especially fun and I love the viewpoints from each member of the group! 


(left above) "Just Working" 6"x8" Oil on canvas ©2011 Ruth Andre
(right above) "Aerodynamics" 5"x7" Oil on panel ©2011 Robin Cheers

(left) 5"x5"
Oil on panel
©2011 Vicki Ross

(right)
“Old Mobile” 6x6”
Oil on hardboard
©2011 Sharman Owings

2 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

It was a fun Challenge and Rocket Girl looks great!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much, Ruth. I enjoyed this Challenge too. What a fun excuse to do an automotive portrait!