Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, February 21, 2011

"Remnant" Small Still Life Daily Painting of Broken Glass

Original Oil 5"x4"
Unframed
©2011 Diana Moses Botkin


This glass broke on my bathroom counter when it slipped out of my hand one evening. I carefully picked up the pieces and set them aside, thinking how interesting they might be for a still life study.

Glass is always a challenge to paint and the broken piece was something I had not tried before. It does look a little scary, but don't worry, there's no deep meaning to this little painting or dark statement behind my purpose for this piece. It is simply a study of interesting edges.

No comments: