Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Steaming Coffee" Daily Painting

Original oil
7"x5" unframed
©2010 Diana Moses Botkin

I've been wanting to get back to
my coffee series for awhile. This is a bit of warm-up (okay, yes, pun intended) to paint an idea quickly. I didn't quite get this finished in thirty minutes.. not at all in thirty minutes... but I did work quickly.

I feel like the looseness works for this piece much better than for the portrait/figurative work I did last week. What do you think?

Wishing you all a warm and happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Susan Roux said...

As I sit here with morning coffee, this image seems perfect! Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

VickiRossArt said...

Think I can smell it!

I need to get going, don't I?

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I like that mental picture, Susan. I hope others enjoyed this with their morning cuppajoe.

Thanks to you both for dropping by.

Vicki, you ARE going! I love that fast one you just painted. I'm SO envious.

Theresa Evans said...

Gorgeous shapes and light. A very enticing cuppa :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by, Theresa. Let's have another cup!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Great cup of coffee! I like the abstract shapes and the way you've let the light define the thinness of the cup. Sylvia Thomas suggested I would enjoy your work, and I do!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Bless Sylvia's heart for introducing us, Katherine! I'm glad to see your work also.