Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Friday, November 20, 2009

"Nude Shadows" Figurative Daily Painting

Original unframed oil 8"x10"
Detailed study of nude female model
©2009 Diana Moses Botkin

SOLD


Those curvy, violet shadows and the slight torso twist were an interesting contrast to the straight lines of the blinds behind the model. This strong young woman was also my model for "Deer Skinners Back".

9 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks so much for dropping by, Vicki.

suzanneberry said...

Diana, I've admired so much of your work, I think you are so gifted. But this, this is my very favorite. It's stunning! Bravo!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Suzanne, thank you. It's truly a compliment when other artists whose work I love are enjoying my efforts!

I hope one of these days... or years... we can get all get together to paint. Wouldn't it be fun?! I keep thinking some year in the future I'll be able to travel around and paint in different places.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Beautiful design and execution.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your encouraging comments, Bill.

Chris Ousley said...

Good figure painting and a nice pose. Ditto on the curves vs the straight lines on the blinds.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Thanks, Chris! I appreciate you stopping by.

Sarah-Jane said...

This portrait is absolutely beautiful. Keep up the good work :)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Sarah-Jane, thank you for stopping by and commenting. I'm very happy to make your acquaintance.