Welcome to my Art Blog! I paint or draw most weekdays and sometimes finish a painting a day. I fondly call them my "Postcards from Paradise" because it's such a beautiful place the Lord made here for us.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas!

"Prince of Peace" 
Original in pen and ink
©1983 Diana Moses Botkin


The halo reads "and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace", from Isaiah 9:6.


As a new Christian in 1973 I looked for Christmas cards that would somehow express the joy of celebrating the Savior's birth. I found a lot of Happy Christmas Tree cards and themes of Dreaming of a White Christmas. Although there's nothing wrong with those during the holidays, they just were not what I wanted to say. So I began drawing my own dramatic reminders of what Christmas is really about, and had cards and prints made to share with others.

Wishing you each a wonderful celebration of the Lord's birth!

There are reproductions of this art available. Contact me for more info or a Paypal invoice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Diana! Your a wonderful
friend who was born with a gift
to be a wonderful artist! Enjoy
your beautiful family...Give them
all our Love & Blessings...
Merry Christmas~In the Fathers
Love~Nancy & Joe & Family